Thursday, April 5, 2007

People Watcher - Post #1: The Getty Santa Monica January 21st 2007 - afternoon, and City Hall Manahattan March 23rd, 2006 - morning.

I've taken pictures since I was 5 years old when my dad bought me a 16mm kodak snapshot camera. I've always paid attention to the focus of each photograph and gone out of my way to make other people feel comfortable while I took a shot so that I was only taking pictures of people who were okay with being photographed. Sometimes however it is impossible to avoid the extras; the miscellaneous people in the background who possibly didn't even know their picture was taken. Exploring these people within my own photographs has become a deep interest. I am a big fan of people watching, and looking at their pictures wondering who they are and what they are doing now is outright compelling. This blog is for those who share this fascination.. and possibly even for the people it reveals. This is a small world - crazier things have happened.


January, 21 2007. You were at the Getty on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The main attraction was the Icon's of Sinai exhibit, it looks like you were standing in line for some coffee.




It was a chilly morning at City Hall in Manhattan on March 23rd 2006. I was meeting Leya to transfer the business certificate for Dog Walker NYC. It appears that you were walking west towards TriBeCa

No comments: